If you've never played Pit here are a couple links to check it out:
|Josh teaching Bray|
|Mick hiding from the camera|
|Figuring out the cards so there are enough commodities for the number of people playing|
|Nothing super important here, just love his dimples!!|
|Yay! Mick won a hand!!|
|Grating some more|
|After about 5 minutes of grating!!|
|that Braelyn is always tasting something|
|Emmy loves helping out|
|the finished product|
We also had a really yummy dinner of bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with asparagus and roasted red peppers served with wild mushroom couscous. Stay tuned for.....Vacation Day 3 - in which Alia (and the whole fam) go to the batting cages.
Carrot Cake Recipe
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
2 tsps cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
2 tsps baking soda
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add flour mixture to liquid mixture and mix well.
5. In medium bowl combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins.
6. Using a large wooden spoon or heavy whisk add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well.
7. Pour batter into prepared (grease then dust with flour) 8x12" pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool 20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Icing
16oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, soft
2 cups sifted icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream butter and cream cheese together with electric beater (or KitchenAid mixer:)
2. Mix in vanilla and gradually add in icing sugar until well blended.
3. Spread on cake and lick the beaters, spoon and spatula.