Tuesday 10 May 2011

Our Seed Project {Part 2}

A new seed tray planted today.

Here is our first tray two weeks in.

This year I would like to have veggies over a longer period of time so I decided to try out interval planting. Basically I'm just planting another whole tray or row (for those veggies that go directly in the ground) a week (or two) after the previous one to extend the time frame in which I have vegetables available for eating. I'm also hoping to do a lot more container planting with my peas, beans, tomatoes and peppers to make more space in the garden for all the other veggies (cukes, beets, carrots, lettuce, potatoes, corn) and our single fruit, watermelon. We also might pick up a couple of hanging strawberry plants and possibly two blueberry plants and see how we make out with them. The girls are having a blast with the spray bottle keeping the plants moist at all times. I set the spray very fine, as between the three of them the plants were getting watered about 6 times a day! Can't wait to finish up the backyard and move everything outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment